Saxon Court Day Centre
We have have suspended this service. For our members,their days at the centre bring comfort, companionship and excitement and we know that they will really miss their days with us. We are providing support in the home for those people that have requested this and continuing with our existing community care clients
ACT@Saxon Court. Every day care tailored for you.
(summary of our normal service follows):
What is ACT@Saxon Court?
We are what you want us to be. Everybody is different and we will work with you and your loved ones to ensure ACT@Saxon Court is what you want it to be.
- You can come and spend time with us from Monday to Friday. We offer services at flexible times so that you can choose when to attend. You don’t have to spend the whole day if you don’t want to.
- We are here to support you, providing a safe and secure environment.
- We are someone to talk to, providing comfort and support. We will listen to your needs and you will be able to enjoy good company.
- We serve a fresh home cooked lunch, tea, coffee & biscuits.
- We provide a variety of activities to support your physical and mental wellbeing.
- We don’t say we can’t do it; we ask how we can do it?
- We are a place to shower, to shave, to have your hair cut or you feet cared for.
- We are somewhere to laugh, somewhere to cry; somewhere you can live your life the way you want to.
- We will provide the activities, hobbies or games that keep you active and engaged.
- We are for your carer, for your advocate, for your family and for the ones you love.
- We are access to the specialist therapies you might need.
- We are professional in all that we do.
Who are ACT?
ACT is Aylsham & District Care Trust. We are a registered charity founded in 1985 and our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing or our community by connecting people with each other and the support they need to live well. ACT @ Saxon Court is a new development of our service offer and is part of a range of Connecting & Caring services which enable us to fulfil our mission.
Is ACT @ Saxon Court for me?
- We focus on who you are & what you need. The service that you receive will be designed around you and your needs. At ACT we are aware that everybody’s needs are different and that the level of support you require will vary from day to day or week to week. Our role is to help support you to live independently and to enjoy your life the way that you want to.
- We talk with you & your family. The first stage will be for you to meet with our Head of Care Services, Georgina Jones, who will work with you to gain a full understanding of what it is you are looking to achieve from your time spent with us. If you would like we will also meet with your family or loved ones to discuss both your own needs and any additional support or information that they might need. During this time we will be able to talk through the different support services we have on offer, how, when and with whom you can engage.
- We agree a package of care & support with you. During our meetings and discussions we will set up a programme of support which is bespoke to you and your family. If the services we have on offer are not quite right for you we will help to signpost alternative provision that is. If there is a good fit we will put together a programme and a timetable specifically for you, this might include a mix of things that take place at Saxon Court and elsewhere. You will be allocated a key worker who will help to set up your personal care plan and adapt it as required.
What could I do @ Saxon Court?
- Our day centre is open from 09.00 to 16.00, Monday to Friday.
- We can arrange transport to and from Saxon Court at the beginning and the end of the day.
- Our centre is fully accessible and caters for individuals across a diverse range of ability.
- Cognative Stimulation Therapy. Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) is a therapy for people with mild to moderate Dementia. It is shown in research to have a positive impact on people’s levels of communication cognition, and quality of life. It is recognised National Institute for Clinical Excellence.
- Music therapy with Nordoff Robbins, both 1:1 and group sessions available.
- A range of arts and crafts opportunities.
- Pursue your own hobbies or learning activities.
- Access to a tailored communication plan, we have staff who are experienced in speech and language therapy.
- A freshly prepared two-course hot meal as well as tea, coffee and snacks to suit all needs through the day. Food is prepared by our 5 star food hygiene rated Orange Blossom Café team. All special dietary requirements can be catered for.
- A fully accessible showering service.
- Hairdresser appointments on a Thursday morning with prices on request.
- Opportunities to meet and socialise.
How much will it cost @ Saxon Court?
- We can discuss potential funding options as part of your individual assessment to enable you to access the service.
- Our current standard day rate is £40.38
- A two course freshly prepared hot lunch will cost an additional £6.00
- A showering service will cost an additional £12.00
More details about ACT @ Saxon Court
- There is a safe pick up and drop off zone immediately outside our fully accessible front door.
- Temporary parking for up to one hour is available immediately outside the building.
- We are an approved service provider for Norfolk County Council
- Our Head of Care Services, Georgina Jones, is a registered social worker and practice educator with a post graduate certificate in advanced social work. She is also a registered manager for 'Skills for Care'.
- ACT @ Saxon Court is part of a strategic partnership with Victory Housing Trust (VHT). The services are wholly owned, managed and delivered by ACT and supported by VHT.